• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

One of the announcers pointed out, and rightly so, that this is a business decision.  Hardy has the tag on him this season.  You've got to pay Luke and Cam right around the corner.  Keeping Hardy is not going to be an option financially.  Gettleman is working to get the Panthers back in decent shape regarding the cap.  I'm sure he's still planning on addressing the o-line situation.  This was value and looking forward financially, both smart moves.

Well if keeping Hardy is not an option. Then why in the blue Hell are paying in 13 million just to stay around one more year. Just doesn't sound right. Either DG is working a long term out with Hardy and his agent right now and we don't know it. Hardy will be traded before TC comes around in July. That or CJ probably will be gone after this season to save on cap next year. Because they are right. We can't afford to give Hardy a huge contract and keep CJ as well. Along with having to find the cap to resign Cam and Luke to a long term deal. Something has to give after this coming season. I don't like this pick mainly because Cam ain't gettting no help what so ever. No matter how good of a D you have. If your offense can't score. Your screwed either way.

This pick pisses me off. At best, he's our 3rd DE. Most likely, he sits behind Mario Addison (a great 3rd DE) all year.

You don't draft a third-string guy with your second pick, especially when you are franchising a DE.

Hardy isn't walking. CJ goes then his replacement will be found, not Ealy. Argument can be made that DE is a need still as having 4 stud pass rushers make us a much better team. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see us take another DE or DT

how does this makes us a better team.........we still have needs at OT and Cb, maybe even wr

If Gettleman thought that Moses was the answer at OT do you really think he wouldn't have took him?

I'm excited about Kony.

I think DG is doing what the Giants were determined to do years back. So I don't think the question is really.....did Gettlemen not think the OT would have made us better or not. It is just a mindset you overstock at DE if talent is there bc of how important it is and sort it out later

hows does this pick help the weak secondary or weak ot, even wr is still a question mark

How many times does it need to be said that Ealy was a steal? And that Gettleman doesn't draft for need?

People were pissed when we kept drafting at strong points like linebacker and running back under Hurney. No complaints when Getts does it.

The problem wasn't drafting J-Stew when we had DeAngelo. The problem was paying BOTH of them $40 million within a year of each other with all of the holes and problems on the team

Using a 2nd rounder for a guy who will try to be the 4th or 3rd guy at his position?

2nd rounders could potentially start at tons of starting spots on our roster

But we pick a spot where he isn't going to start unless someone is moved

One of the announcers pointed out, and rightly so, that this is a business decision. Hardy has the tag on him this season. You've got to pay Luke and Cam right around the corner. Keeping Hardy is not going to be an option financially. Gettleman is working to get the Panthers back in decent shape regarding the cap. I'm sure he's still planning on addressing the o-line situation. This was value and looking forward financially, both smart moves.

Then why fugging pay him at all? He's eating up 10 million in cap room. If we aren't intending to keep him, we should have spent that money on deals with high-quality WRs and OLs. We could have EASILY gotten 2-3 starters with that money, and instead we get to rent 1 player.

so quick scenario for guys who think this was a good pick, cj is released next year kony steps up and slowly starts coming into his own..........year 3 he goes off 12.5 sacks and his contract year he goes ape 16 sacks............then were right back where the fug we started as he will want a big contract as well..............

you guys don't want cap tied up in this or that,but at the end of the day you have to pay good players period.

Archived