• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

Do you know for sure he is the plan? Or is it just talk?

Why are you here and not in a war room if you know more than the front office of a 12-4 team and the player that just retired at the position that stated...."we will be fine."

Is your answer playing a rookie RT at the LT spot? If so then most likely that's why you are here

We don't have the money to get in a bidding war for a free agent tackle. So it looks like the plan is Bell is going to start at a tackle position.

What is Gross supposed to say btw? "We're fuged"?

The answer is not having Bell or Chandler or anyone that we currently have protecting Cam's blindside. No one is good enough. Even our best option isn't good enough to be protecting our franchise QB's blindside.

There's 3 holes on the line and just acting like everything is fine isn't going to get them fixed.

We may go OL in our next pick, but it still doesn't change the fact that this was a luxury pick on a team with 3 holes on the line and our CBs that aren't quite good enough to be covering the WRs that are just in our own division.

Again, if Hardy and CJ are gone then good pick. But I can't deny the other weaknesses we have that are holding us back.

We don't have the money to get in a bidding war for a free agent tackle. So it looks like the plan is Bell is going to start at a tackle position.

What is Gross supposed to say btw? "We're fuged"?

The answer is not having Bell or Chandler or anyone that we currently have protecting Cam's blindside. No one is good enough. Even our best option isn't good enough to be protecting our franchise QB's blindside.

There's 3 holes on the line and just acting like everything is fine isn't going to get them fixed.

We may go OL in our next pick, but it still doesn't change the fact that this was a luxury pick on a team with 3 holes on the line and our CBs that aren't quite good enough to be covering the WRs that are just in our own division.

Again, if Hardy and CJ are gone then good pick. But I can't deny the other weaknesses we have that are holding us back.

What are you gonna do when we draft an OT and the still start Bell at LT? And then what's to be said if DG and RR are right and he flourishes?

If we don't, it was really stupid to tag him at 13 mil for a year

Agree totally. If we pay him 13 million for one season more. Then this has Peppers 2.0 written all over it. Yes we should trust DG in what he is trying to do. But why waste 13 million just to hold a player one more season and let him walk. But instead could have used this money to lock up Cam and Luke for years to come. My solution is trade Hardy to a team needing a DE after the draft for a next year 1st round pick or something. But other then that we are wasting our time unless DG is planning to release or trade CJ after next season to free up some cap. Going to be interesting to see what happens I guess.

Funniest thing is when you are critical.....and people only want to play the "cry baby" card.

Johnny Manziel could of dropped to us. It would have been a value pick. Despite his value.....a lesser valued player would likely have better odds of helping us win. Bc he could of competed to legitimately played in a area of HUGE need vs Johnny sitting the bench

Dude, quit being such an azz. We have Cam, we are not taking a QB. And you know it.

What are you gonna do when we draft an OT and the still start Bell at LT? And then what's to be said if DG and RR are right and he flourishes?

What have you seen that makes you think that Bell even has a chance of flourishing at LT?

Btw, I don't want Bell starting anywhere. But if he is going to suck at a position, I'd rather it not be Cam's blind side. I think Chandler can be better at LT than Bell. But even then, we still should do more.

this pick s premature point blank.

if you don't plan on hardy being here next year draft a de next year

same with if the plan is cutting cj next year

if this was the plan all along could have let hardy walk and got some decent help in FA

Hardy isn't walking. CJ goes then his replacement will be found, not Ealy. Argument can be made that DE is a need still as having 4 stud pass rushers make us a much better team. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see us take another DE or DT

Ealy was my pick in the first round, even though it wasn't one I would have been happy with.  In the second round, I think it's fantastic. Next season, Ealy will be a starter for us when either Hardy or CJ is gone.  This gives him a year of on the job training and situational play before he's given the reigns.  It allows for a seamless transition toward keeping our defensive line dominant.  It also creates a D-Line that is studly while only having one player who isn't on a rookie contract, making it extremely affordable and salary cap smart.  It allows us to keep our biggest strength in the future, even if we lose a key piece of it. 

Sure, we could have used an offensive tackle, but Moses and Turner are guys that I never see at LTs...and a RT isn't nearly as hard to find as you'd think.  You CAN find right tackles on the free agent market after cuts.  Bell is likely our LT going into the season regardless of who we took in the 2nd round, and that's just the way it is.  Maybe we'll find a value in free agency.  Maybe we just use stopgaps and really focus on the line next year.  I don't know...but I believe there is a plan.

Dude, quit being such an azz. We have Cam, we are not taking a QB. And you know it.

You clearly miss the point.

I'll try it again and leave out QB. Let's say you have the option of the best RB in the draft or the 7th best CB.

Give me the CB. He may have lesser value.....but on this team he can compete to play and improve a weakness. The RB drinks Gatorade. The lesser valued player actually can improve us over the higher valued player.

No need for fake profanity. Big boys can share different opinions like big boys

Archived