• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

I don't watch college football, but if this guy is a really good DE, then it makes plenty of sense. We won 12 games last year thanks in large part to a strong d-line. You can't afford to pay both Hardy and Johnson huge contracts into the foreseeable future, so you get this guy on a 2nd-rounder rookie contract for 4 years, and he gets one year to spell Hardy and Johnson and learn the ropes. Then, he takes over for one of them in 2015. I love it.

Not to mention that we already like to move DE's inside on passing downs, so now we're looking at the possibility of Johnson, Hardy, KK, and Ealy on 3rd and 10. Wow.

Relax guys, still 5 more picks and Godfrey jus saved us over 4 million in cap space till fill a need late in FA like he did last year...let's face it we can't support hardy and cjs contracts together hopefully one will restructure to stay but I highly doubt it...if not maybe we work out a trade to get us a career left tackle, it's much better than reaching for Moses or Richardson, there is a reason they are still on the board...

I doubt that any tackle left is not going to start immediately without growing pains.  With Ealy coming in and not needing to start he has time to learn and develop into a top tier guy.  This is exactly what you want to do with a rookie.  Bring him along slowly and let him learn from the veterans,  This was an excellent pick although I would snapped up Robinson in a New York minute.  Huess that is why I am on this messageboard instead of being in New York.

I don't think this has anything to do with CJ, no one of sober mind would trade for that contract.

I think it has more to do with Hardy. DG is likely saying that if your asking price does not come down, you will be replaced next year.

The point is one of them is gone. 

Archived