• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

3rd down, Hardy, CJ, Easy and Stsr/KK... Sorry QBs, your pants are green and brown!

The best players make your team better is the Gettleman philosophy. We'll see if this plays out this year. Was hoping for an OT but let's hope he helps us put the QBs down in the NFC South so they can't throw to their new WRs....

Sent from my VS980 4G using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

If the BPA was an LB or RB, would DG have picked him too?

Yes, I'd say so. Thomas Davis doesn't have much longer in the NFL, especially with his knees, no matter how well he played last year. And DWill and JStew both are mediocre, at best, in their careers right now.

If Van Noy or Sankey were there, I'm sure Gettleman would've ran to the podium to pick them.

Gettleman's philosophy has worked well this far! I like this pick. He is forward thinking. Unexpected...but il like it!

K

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Gettlemen ignoring the OL last year is why the 49ers beat us. That was still a Hurney driven team that got us there

We all know either CJ or Hardy are gone after this season.  You can't have about $25mil a year going to one position.  I' guessing it's CJ since he's the older of the two, and hopefully Ealy can have a year to learn and be ready to start next year with no dropoff.  Keep your strengths strong.  Agree with Chuck, as I said from the start Moses was a 3rd round pick all along and they must think they can get Turner, Hurst, Moses or Richardson in the 3rd.

Thank you SMF for guaranteeing Kony Ealy a spot in the pro bowl.  Every thread you made last year with a drop of doubt was shattered the following game day.  You predict the polar opposite of the future.  You'd be a great weatherman.

Hey, I think Ealy might go to some Pro Bowls. I like him a lot. But THIS team doesn't need that.

There's obviously something about Moses that people don't like because everyone in the league has passed on him twice.  Can't always assume that a guy the media gave us in the first round bc it "fit" should really deserve to be in the first round.

I love the Ealy pick.  Give me good players and I will show you a winning team.

Watch the tape. Feet not as quick and can appear abit sluggish at time. RT in his future. 

Archived