• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

Does thinking about the Carolina Panthers not include protecting your franchise QB, the most important player in the history of the team? Were we not division champs just last year going something like 10-1 or 11-1 to close out the regular season? We're rebuilding?

I would say that our DE situation could disenegrate in the near without legitimate security. He's probably thinking, is there an OL on the board that he and the staff truly find better than Kony Ealy who was the BPA at the time? Obviously not.

I would say that moves like this help keep us from needing to rebuild when (not if) we lose starters.

I think if Gettleman had been GM for 5 years instead of entering his 2nd, we may not have the openings on the o-line...but that doesn't necessarily mean that they take what they feel as a reach.

There's a reason that possible 1st rounders Moses and Richardson are still on the board.

Thank you SMF for guaranteeing Kony Ealy a spot in the pro bowl.  Every thread you made last year with a drop of doubt was shattered the following game day.  You predict the polar opposite of the future.  You'd be a great weatherman.

All you calling for Gman's head for not drafting Moses. Im going to fall out laughing if he falls to us in the 3rd and we end up getting him anyway

Unless Hardy or CJ get moved, it's still a luxury pick with a team that has huge holes at 3 positions.

There's obviously something about Moses that people don't like because everyone in the league has passed on him twice.  Can't always assume that a guy the media gave us in the first round bc it "fit" should really deserve to be in the first round.

I love the Ealy pick.  Give me good players and I will show you a winning team.

We can go OT in the third and still get a quality player.

Yep. I read or heard somewhere that FO didn't think there was a big difference at OT between 60 and 92.

But people who think we will draft for need in 3rd may be disappointed. We will get best value. As G man said, why take a nickel if you can take a dime

Archived