• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2nd Round Pick Kony Ealy DE

Kurb

You just have to trust what Gettleman says because he doesn't move on his philosophy as you already know..he's not just thinking about the 2014 Carolina Panthers, he's thinking about the Carolina Panthers.

Maybe he needs to think a little more about how much time Cam will be spending on his butt if he has to depend on Bell at LT....

Gettleman's a joke. We didn't get our ass kicked by the Miners at the goaline because of our defense. We have one of the worst OLines in the NFL and he thinks he can plug in some guys and its fine. Frankly, we are slipping behind everyone in our division because while they are shoring up their deficiencies, we are going BPA. Simply terrible.

We aren't going BPA....our first pick was highly need and "wish" driven.

That is vintage NY Giants drafting. Drafting DEs when stacked there with massive holes elsewhere

Before you jump on me, please remember this: I think Kony Ealy will be a great player in the NFL, maybe even for us eventually. But adding a defensive end to a team with the 2 best DE duo in the league with a Top 3 or Top 2 defense when you have Byron Bell as a starting tackle makes ZERO sense for the 2014 Carolina Panthers.

This is so short-sighted. This pick isn't about this year. This pick is about next year when either CJ or Hardy to, because they both won't be on the team next year.

Based upon our cap situation, this is almost the perfect pick. I don't think Moses can play in the NFL, honestly, and if he can, it's only going to be at RT. Turner could've made sense, but Gettleman may think he can get him in the third.

Also, Gettleman may be thinking about lining up Roos, and possibly trade or pick him up in FA if he's released.

Archived