• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Not feeling good right now....

Recent picks that weren't my first choice...

Cam Newton (didn't like any of the QBs from that draft)

Luke Kuechly (thought a DT or a WR would have been a better choice)

Star Lotulelei (was hoping for Tavon Austin)

Heck, at this point me not liking the pick is probably a good sign :unsure:

Bottom Line: No point being down about it.  Just hope the team is right and you're wrong and cheer for the best.

Da fug aint no one worried about this guys vert? Megatron has like 10inches on him for comparison. 

My only solace is that he has some serious potential simply due to size. 

He doesn't necessarily have to leap all that high given that he starts off taller than most DBs.

He'll get pro level coaching from a solid guy in Proehl.

Da fug aint no one worried about this guys vert? Megatron has like 10inches on him for comparison. 

My only solace is that he has some serious potential simply due to size. 

If Megatron is your yardstick for a WR, then virtually everyone is gonna come up short.  Megatron is a true freak of nature.  There's never been a WR like him before and we may never see another in our lifetime.  6'5" 240# guys simply aren't supposed to be that fast, that agile, and jump that high.  It just doesn't happen.

6'5" with 35" arms and a 32.5" vertical gives him a catch height and catch radius that I doubt any DB in the league can match.  It's a strength, not a concern.

This was a risky as hell pick rife with concerns. 

Mediocre speed. 4.6 40 and slowest 3 cone of all the WRs. 

Poor vertical jump. 

One year wonder. 

And that is not even bringing up the concerns about his raw route running and questions of getting off the line. 

Man....... Hope this gamble pays off. 

4.6 40 for a big WR like Benjamin with long strides is great.  His vertical jump combined with his 84 inch wingspan (35inch arms) makes for a great catch radius.

He doesn't necessarily have to leap all that high given that he starts off taller than most DBs.

He'll get pro level coaching from a solid guy in Proehl.

Most NFL DBs are gonna have 5-8 inches on him vert wise which is gonna somewhat negate his height or lessen that advantage. 

I just cant get over how poor his vert is. One of the first things that stand out on his film. Looks like he is getting minimal lift off the ground. 

If Megatron is your yardstick for a WR, then virtually everyone is gonna come up short.  Megatron is a true freak of nature.  There's never been a WR like him before and we may never see another in our lifetime.  6'5" 240# guys simply aren't supposed to be that fast, that agile, and jump that high.  It just doesn't happen.

6'5" with 35" arms and a 32.5" vertical gives him a catch height and catch radius that I doubt any DB in the league can match.  It's a strength, not a concern.

yeah plus Jerry Rice only ran a 4.71.

Archived