• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Allen Robinson: Playing For Carolina Would Be An Amazing Experience

On meeting with the Panthers: I had met with them before at the combine, so it was just an informal setting to meet with wide receivers coach [Ricky] Proehl and just talk football and life to get to know me a little better.

On the possibility of playing for the Panthers:

Teams have probably shown an equal interest in me, but playing for Carolina would be an amazing experience for me. I think it’s a great place, a great organization and they have amazing coaches.. It would be a great opportunity for me.

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/05/07/allen-robinson-playing-for-carolina-would-be-an-amazing-experience/

I like Robinson, like Latimer; the only thing he really struggles with is running diverse runs and that's being nit-picky.

His route running is phenomenal in the 6-10 yard range and above average in the 11-20 yard range; and besides Watkins, he is probably the best screen receiver in the draft. Robinson succeeds the most in in/out routes (getting to the sidelines) and comeback routes (his ability to stop and start usually creates separation).

His ability to make plays after the catch is amazing (7.6 yards YAC per reception) and his drop rate is better than Benjamin's, Lee's, OBJ's, and Matthew's.

The only things that I think he needs work on are his short routes (1-5 yard range) and deep routes (20+ yards) along with diversifying his deep routes (he didn't run many post/corner routes and go routes in college).

from a Q & A with Robinson a Redskins blog did yesterday:

What will you be doing this Thursday night - the first night of the draft?

Robinson - I'll be at my high school with my close family and friends.

Which past NFL wide receiver do you model your game after, and why?

Robinson - I would say (HOF and 8-Pro Bowler) Cris Carter. He had the ability to do a lot. He made a lot of big plays. He was a big-play guy, and I think that's what I think of myself as - a big play guy.

(note: Cris Carter was 6-3/208, Robinson is 6-3/220)

Which teams have you had the most interaction with so far leading up to the draft?

Robinson - I've been talking with Indianapolis, Denver, and Detroit. A few teams came to visit me - Atlanta, Chicago, and Carolina.

notes:

IND: Luck needs another WR to go with Hilton: Reggie Wayne is 36 and coming off a bad knee injury, Hakeem Nicks was only signed to a one-year deal

DEN: Manning lost Eric Decker, and Demaryius Thomas, Wes Welker and Julius Thomas are all in the final year of their contracts

DET: they added 5'10" Golden Tate to go with Megatron but the Lions need that third playmaker on the outside

ATL: Roddy White is 33, Tony Gonzalez retired

CHI: 30-year-old Pro Bowl WR Brandon Marshall is in the last year of his contact and the Bears have refused to give him an extension

from a Q & A with Robinson a Redskins blog did yesterday:

Which past NFL wide receiver do you model your game after, and why?

Robinson - I would say (HOF and 8-Pro Bowler) Cris Carter. He had the ability to do a lot. He made a lot of big plays. He was a big-play guy, and I think that's what I think of myself as - a big play guy.

(note: Cris Carter was 6-3/208, Robinson is 6-3/220)

Robinson weighed in at the Combine at 220 (Friday) the next day (Saturday) he was 211.

At his pro day Allen weighed in at 208.

Allen, himself has said his weight varies alot.

Robinson weighed in at the Combine at 220 (Friday) the next day (Saturday) he was 211.

At his pro day Allen weighed in at 208.

Allen, himself has said his weight varies alot.

that's a big dump.

Archived