• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patternus Interruptus

frash.exe

what are you basing this off of? Are you comparing our SOS rankings from opponents this year with our opponents last year, based solely on their 2008 records? There is no possible way every single one of those 16 teams will match their 2008 records this season.

Going into last season we had the 23rd toughest schedule based on our opponenets record in 2007. After 2008 it ended up being 20th.

I wont argue with you about the second part. But nothing out of the ordinary? Wasn't the collective NFC South record the SECOND highest winning % of all time, behind the NFC East the same year (damn ties!)? And not to mention the best home winning percentage of all time. I believe those were the stats, hopefully someone who knows their stats better than me can confirm/correct this.

Playing the Lions, Oakland, KC and Denver will do that for a division.

it is a tough call. I still might give a slight edge right now to the 03 team.....that front 7 was pretty dang tough on D, plus the offense seemed a little more balanced.

I was talking offense not defense. FWIW the 2003 defense was not that great. 10th giving up 19 points a game. We had to win quite a few games on last second heroics by Jake. The front four were better in 2003 but the secondary is better now than it was then. The linebackers were likely a push.

As for the offense I think that across the board the line this year will be better than our roided up line of 2003. Williams and Stewart along with Goodson are better than Davis and Foster. Our receivers as a group will be better than they were in 2003 and hopefully Jake has learned a few things in the past 7 years. With a healthy arm he should be better than ever.

In 2003 we averaged 20 points a game on offense. In 2008 we averaged 26 points. I think this year will be close to last year. So in my mind the offense is the best it has been in our history really.

You forget that many people tend to just post their opinion in a thread without reading a thing outside of maybe a few posts ;)

Yeah. I know. I just thought I was soooooooooo smart posting it #7. :D And it was said with the word "hate". :toetap05:

That's what I get for thinking I was smart, for a few moments, you know? :cryin:

Archived