• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Swag's Final Mock

1-Marqise Lee-WR-USC-6'0''-190

MLee.jpg

Late in this draft process, receivers like OBJ and Cody Latimer have had skyrocketing draft stock. Lee has became the forgotten man in the WR group. I think that the school he attended and minor injuries have affected his draft stock more than they should have. Getting Lee here is a steal, because he is as gifted as any WR in this class not named Sammy.

2-Billy Turner-OT-NDSU-6'4''-315

billy.jpg

Had this guy as our 3rd round pick in my first mock, was called an idiot for it, extreme reach, etc. His stock has risen among talking heads. This guy is a left tackle and would greatly improve our run game. Haven't seen a tackle in a long time that is as aggressive as Turner.

3- James Hurst-OT-UNC-6'5''-295

james-hurst-299x350.jpg

Hurst is a legit LT. Period. He held his own against Clowney, not the best run blocker, but a guy that can be a starting NFL tackle, no brainer for round 3. I really think that draftniks have overblown a clean break in his leg. It will heal back stronger, non-issue.

4-Jemea Thomas-CB-GTech-5'9''-190

7132314.jpeg

I love the physicality that Thomas plays with. He plays well with the ball in front of him and is able to read the QB and drive on the ball (a must for our scheme). Pretty good pass rusher as well, as see him as being Captain-ish with better tackling ability.

5-Tevin Reese-WR-Baylor-5'11-163

1380845248000-USATSI-7449518.jpg

I can't believe that Reese isn't rated higher than he is. 867 yards in 8 games this year, with 8 TD's. He is a one trick pony, limited route runner, but he is a smooth runner who has the gift of "Mossing" guys by lulling them to sleep and smoothly blowing by them. We have possession guy in Cotchery and Avant, we need a guy who can take it to the house anytime, this is the guy.

6-Zack Kerr-DT-Delaware-6'1''-325

zkerr3.jpg

Hog Mollie. I think DG has a little bit of a hard on for this guy, as I have saw him linked to us numerous times. I saw him in a college all star game, Shrine maybe? He looked very good, active player, mammoth frame.

7- Chris Watt-OG-Notre Dame-6'3''-310

Chris-Watt-Notre-Dame.jpg

Two months ago Watt was overslotted at a 4-5 round grade. Most of the guards have dropped in value, as they should due to the position. Average guards are a dime a dozen. I like OL who excel in run blocking, if you can run, you can win. Watt is one of the best run blocking guards in the draft...but a below average pass blocker. He has the athleticism to improve in that department.

Agree wholeheartedly that Lee will be the receiver to drop in the first. Would be a steal at 28 and I think he can improve his drop rate with the vets and Proehl here. Love the first three rounds but would rather go with Herron/Abbrederris/Street in the 4th and someone like Dontae Johnson in the 5. Kerr would be a good get and allow flexibility on the Dline....I could even see packages where KK rotates out to end and Kerr lines up next to Star.

Solid mock though!

decent. lee looked great in 12 but had a down season with terrible drop rate but can se why people like him.

turner and hurst are very solid guys but I don't know if they are legit lt.

I love Tevin reese and I saw the same deep threat potential. also think dude had the best avg per catch but panthers also already have tiqan underwood.(speed guy)

chris watt is also a good pick.

Archived